Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Hot Wheels Custom 2016 Camaro - Drag Car

 I have mentioned in the past that there is a local group of collectors and enthusiasts of HotWheels who get together on a semi-regular basis. And on some of those occasions we attempt a "custom car buildoff".


One of those meetings a while ago, the selected theme was Camaros... or was it Drag Racing... I forget... it's been a while.


But I still have my entry... It was a "Grumpy's Toy, 2016 Camaro".

I painted it white, molded a huge cowl for the hood, and printed up some custom decals for the doors and contingency sponsors.


I also built a low-profile rear wing out of some flat pieces of styrene sheet that I had laying around.


It must have been a drag car to start with, now that I am looking at it again. The chassis has molded in wheelie bars... but I did a little cutting to fit the massive rear tires in there!


I used some spare wheels and tires laying around for the big drag tires out back, and the skinny little tires up front.



In the end, it came out pretty clean, and definitely looks mean and ready to race!

No comments:

Post a Comment