Friday, May 24, 2013

A little "house cleaning"

I was just going back through some of my posts, and realized that I have several projects that I have an in-progress picture up but never really showed the final results.

So here are a couple of them completed, along with what I am currently working on....

First off, the 1970 Firebird Trans Am.
 If you look close, you can see where I broke off a corner of the hood while trying to get it to fit properly.
 I think part of my problem was the "shaker hood" was causing it to not sit centered in the hood opening.


Next is the Gasser that I was working on. This one was to be the big (1/24 scale) brother to the Hot Wheels 55' Gasser I had completed earlier.

 I decided to leave the hood off, rather than using the little clear window on the hood like the box art represented.
 Rear bumper fell off while I was carrying it outside for photos, so need a little glue yet to fix that.
Should have sanded the flat surface of the tires to make them look a little more used. Has that showroom new look in these pictures.

Next is a Hot Wheels Silverado that just came out. Started out purple with flames on it.
But that was before a dip in the paint stripper....


 A couple coats of a nice filler/primer, and it was ready for black paint.

 And some wheels I had "laying around" took a little extra cutting of the chassis and interior to get those fat rear wheels in there.
 Still needs some detail painting to bring out the small details.
And a clear coat, and a good color sanding to bring this one all together. All-in-all quite please with the way this one is shaping up. Haven't decided about a graphic or stripe of some sort. Maybe just leave it simple.

And lastly....
Feeling a little destructive, I started to take apart a few more for the next round of customs.

They are all in primer at the moment, and haven't made any real decisions about which direction to go with them, but should have a chance to sit down and figure it out, over this long, holiday weekend.

Oh, and the Koombi's all found a new home. These 4 are all going to the same buyer.
I hope he enjoys them, and I have several more if I want to do some more Koombis.





1 comment:

  1. Really like the Silverado. I think cutting out the frame is something I am not going to try. Seems a little too technical for me.

    ReplyDelete