Wednesday, May 8, 2013

1970 Trans Am

Decided to give my eyes a little bit of a break, and work on something of a scale that makes it a little easier to see...

This is a Revell, 2-n-1 kit, but I have chosen to do the "stock" version. I just didn't like the bigger, more modern wheels on this one. Normally I am a big fan of the pro-touring look, but without major work to lower the suspension, it just looked like a stock Firebird with modern rolling stock.

The wheels were a little too shiny for my taste, so the got painted with a little more correct matte silver and detailed with black, and red center caps.

Added the decals, and detail painted the grill and parts of the suspension and undercarriage.

While doing that, I realized that I hd grabbed the bottle of Chevy Engine Red when assembling the powerplant, as opposed to the correct Pontiac Engine Blue color this one should be.

Oh well....

Interior is in the paint booth, and more detailing there yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment