Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Tamiya Ford Mustang GT4

 Another one that was finished over the past several months was another amazing kit from Tamiya.

They kitted up a Ford Mustang GT4 racecar, and decided I needed to do one for myself.



The box art shows a dark metallic grey, but I decided a nice, bright yellow would show off the shape well.

Like most every other Tamiya kit I have built, this one went together without any issues. Well I did have one, but it was certainly more "user error" than the kit.



I even got a little extra creative, and printed my own Michelin tire decals.  Once the whole kit came together, the wheels and tires just looked plain... 

So I scanned the tire decals from another kit and printed them off, and a little thinned white glue, and you can't even tell the difference.




Just makes it feel more "race-y" in my opinion.



Might have to keep an eye out for another one of these for a deal, and build another one.

Would also love to see a Camaro GT4 kit (if Tamiya is watching!).




No comments:

Post a Comment