Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Datsun 240z BRE - Barn Find

 This Revell Datsun 240Z did not start as a planned "barn find" build.  I was going to build a nice, shiny racecar... but had some issues with the decals tearing.  My next thought was we'll strip it back down, and just make a "race inspired" street car.

After a first dip in the Isopropyl Alcohol that I use as a stripper... it only took half the decals off. After letting it sit on the work bench a couple of days... I started to think that's a pretty cool look.

Since I had already put the chassis together I decided to just finish it "as is".

I little extra grime, some rust, and a fine mist of flat tan made it look nice and dusty. Just like it had been pushed in to a barn and forgotten for years.

I had considered going for flat tires, and even more rust... but liked the way this one worked out.
Not totally rotted to where it was completely forgotten... just put away for storage, and took on some patina over time.

Still a "driver" with a little TLC ,and a definite candidate for restoration is where the look wound up. Sometimes a "happy accident" can lead to something fun and different.


No comments:

Post a Comment