Tuesday, March 25, 2014

AXIA Skyline R32 Damaged!

So while looking for more kits to feed my addiction, I stumbled across someone who had a Tamiya AXIA Skyline Gt-R racing kit for sale.
I love old R32 Skylines, and especially the racing versions, so I went ahead and purchased this one.

The kit of from 1991, was brand new in the original shrink wrap. I went ahead and sent payment, and waited. (not so patiently).

Finally it arrived, and I was disappointed to see that the Postal Service had delivered the box damaged.
Upon opening the shipping box, and the shrink wrap on the brand new kit, I discovered what one piece of the entire kit got damaged.....

Yep, you guessed it, the body had been crushed. Looks like the roof had been smashed downward. It bent the passenger side windscreen pillar, and completely snapped the driver side pillar (right hand drive on the Japanese Market vehicle).
So now I'm stuck. 97% of the parts are just fine, and completely useable. But the one BIG one, is damaged and broken. I can try and fix it, as I don't think I'll find a replacement laying around, and if I turn in the damage to claim the insurance, they will take the entire kit, and then I am back where I started.



No comments:

Post a Comment