Thursday, January 23, 2014

Corvette Racecar - Complete

Well, almost complete... it still needs just a few little detailing parts, and it should be all done.


It started as a 69 Corvette racecar, but I decided to go a little more "pro-trouring" with the look.
It is fitted with over-sized, late-model wheels and tires that look to me like they came from a Skyline GT-R originally.
Also barely fitting inside the new wheels are the drilled brakes and rotors from a Ferrari F50.
It looks like it is sitting a little high there. Stance is still in need of a little tweaking yet.

The interior is pretty much straight from the kit, including the rollbar with fire extinguisher.
I did however manage to lose the windshield during all the months that I had been working on this one.
Taking it all out and working on it, then boxing it up to work on something else for a while. Then pulling it back out and working some more.... So I am sure it is around somewhere.... And since I chose to not use the hard-top for this one, I am hoping it should still slip in fairly easily once found.

The big Chevy 427 engine was built basically stock as it came in the kit, however some different choices of paint color make it look a little more modern. Aluminum and anodized colors for the radiator and hoses make the engine bay a little more "up to date" than 44 year old rubber hoses.

My next project goes just a little out of my comfort zone, and only has 3 WHEELS....






No comments:

Post a Comment