Saturday, September 7, 2013

1979 Camaro Z-28

So as a "quick project" I had this Revell 1979 Z-28 kit that I have been looking at for a while, and decided to get back to something more "pedestrian".

Not that a Z-28 is boring, but compared to the Hurtz GT350, and the Porsche GT2, it just seems a little plain.


Being that this was going to be a quick build, the hood is glued shut, and no attempt was made at even building the engine.

I didn't really care for the custom, or drag race versions that were build options with this kit, so went with the street-stock version.

I wasn't sure how accurate the blue stripes over silver paint is, but I felt that it added enough visual interest to work.

The T-Top panels were painted on the inside with Tamiya "Smoke" to make them appear tinted.
The front grill and headlights were carefully painted, and I feel turned out quite well.

The rear tail lenses were also carefully painted, and may not be entirely correct for the amber lenses... but added with the rear license plate, they make the back end look nice and clean.

So this one has actually be done for a little while, and just got around to photographing it.

I actually almost have my next project, and have a few pictures from along the way, so here is a sneak peek at the next one.....




No comments:

Post a Comment