Thursday, March 28, 2013

Custom BMW E30 M3 revealed!

 
Okay, so here it is....
My custom BMW E30 M3.
 
It actually took two cars to make.
 
 
 
Okay, so it really took two cars because my first attempt at removing the center section didn't go too well as I thought it would.
So I had to run out and buy a second one, and cut it up. But hey, sometimes that's just how you learn.
 
It was definitely enjoyable, though I am not sure how soon I would jump into doing another one.
It was a lot of filing, sanding, and sanding, and sanding, to get everything to look like it went together.
 
I like it, even if it does look a little cartoon-ish with the shortened wheelbase.
 
That was kind of the point.
 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Don't know yet, they are still in the judging process

      Delete
  2. Still waiting patiently for the results. They are saying early next week.

    They also hinted that there is another custom contest in the works, yet to be announced.

    Oh boy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tommorow they are supposed to announce the winners.
    They already announced the winner of the "repaint" category, but I did a little much to fall into that group.

    Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete