Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tamiya - Toyota Celica GT-Four 1993 Monte Carlo Rally Winner

 And we're back to another 1/24 scale kit... This time a Toyota Celica GT-Four that won the 1993 Monte Carlo Rally.

This one had been in the "stash" for a long while, and I decided one day that it was time to build it.

I don't know a lot about the car, other than the Gt-Four designation is a limited production, turbo charged, all-wheel-drive chassis. I know the GT-Fours are very limited so my guess would be that they were built in limited numbers to qualify as a "production car" and be able to race in the series.

About the only other thing I know, is that the Monte Carlo Rally must be a road coarse, as it has nearly slick, track style tires.

Might be time for a little google searching to find out a little more....


I loved the bright paint scheme, and the giant set of night driving lights mounted to front of the car.

And I wasn't disappointed.


I don't have any build pictures... but typical of Tamiya, it went together without any issues, and everything fit just about perfectly, and with a minimum of clean-up.

Any issues I had were more likely caused by me, and not Tamiya's engineering.


Here's a finished shot of all the lights on the front end of the car (note it looks like this might be a build progress photo - there appears to be the lens missing from the rectangular "pop-up" light at this stage).


A good looking car from just about any angle.


An attempt at an interior shot... just to show the detail that comes in this kit. From the fire bottle, to the seat belts, and even the hand brake for those sliding turns are all there.

Always looking forward to the next Tamiya kit, and need to do some looking for some more of their rally car kits.... this one came out great!


No comments:

Post a Comment