Saturday, April 20, 2013

Custom car contest is Police Cars

So the next round for the customs contest is Police Cars....


While I don't have anything as boring as a black and white Crown Vic, I find myself wondering what I may be able to come up with.
The there are two categories...
The first being for actual vehicles and actual deparments. More of an actual representation of a real vehicle.

The second category is for fictictious departments, or vehciles.

So many choices.....
Local PD or State Troopers (they do have nice Mustangs they used to use)...
Or something a little more out there.
A Roscoe P Coltrane tribute.... Buford T Justice....
Maybe the Starsky and Hutch Turnio?

Nope, I have something in mind, but I need to find a good clear picture of what I am looking for, and then find the casting to start from.

So if I can get those two things, I may just throw my hat in the ring again for this one...


4 comments:

  1. How about the Blues Mobile from the Blues Brothers movie? Oh wait, it's a cop car, but not any more...of course, you'd probably have to run it over a few times first to replicate all the damage done to it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this. I was not aware of this Lamley Group contest. I'll give it a try. By the way, I love your work. Maybe, you'd like to share some of your techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So after a bunch of searching I still don't have a clear picture of what ibam thinking for this one. I know what I want to do, but need an actual clear picture of the real car. May have to sign up for a free month of Netflix so I can take a picture of my tv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure I am going to be entering this one.
    The car I was looking to do is actually a Gremlin.
    Yes, there was a police car that was a Gremlin, in a TV show.
    I just can't find a casting of a Gremlin.
    Sure I could get one on Ebay, but by the time I was done with shipping, I'd have $8 in a car, just to stip it down and repaint it.
    So I think I am going to pass on this one.
    Good luck to all the entrants.

    ReplyDelete